First off I have to start by saying I have the best family ever. We all had a great time and Mom and Dads house this weekend. There is never a dull moment to be had with all of us there. We were however missing Jared but he was talked about the whole time and we cannot wait to have him back home with us. We did however get to spend some time with his extra cute girlfriend.
Shane and the kids and I arrived there Friday evening and Brittnee and Shane were soon to follow us. We were all so tired that we visited for a while caught up on things, had some of moms chili and cornbread and then it was an early bedtime. On Saturday Mom, Brittnee and I took on the big job of canning. We did salsa(for Jared of course) and jams. We had a lot of fun. during canning I had the bright idea to make a BBQ beef brisket. I have made it before but I wanted to try out a new recipe. Everything was going fine and it had been cooking about an hour when I went out to check on it and oh I wish I had pictures of this, it was a flaming ball of meat. I had put bacon on it which it said to do and it had caught on fire and so did the whole brisket. Luckily just the outside was a little crispy and it was still good in the middle. I laughed so hard. Later that day my sister Steppi showed up with her husband Mike and we had dinner and visited some more. Then we watched a movie and after that we broke out the Wii and yes Mom I did kick your butt at bowling. Jaden started playing though and kicked Mikes, Grandmas, and Kylees booties at tennis. Sunday was the perfect ending to the perfect day! We went to breakfast with Mike and Steppi which is always fun then we went over to Grandma Marilyns and Grandpa JT's house for dinner. We had so much fun and I took a bribe from Mom and got Mike wet with the hose and I was thrown into the ditch. A typical weekend at Mom and Dads someone is always sure to get wet.
So in the end Thank You Mom and Dad for another great weekend!
I Love being around all of you and cannot wait until next time!
Shane and the kids and I arrived there Friday evening and Brittnee and Shane were soon to follow us. We were all so tired that we visited for a while caught up on things, had some of moms chili and cornbread and then it was an early bedtime. On Saturday Mom, Brittnee and I took on the big job of canning. We did salsa(for Jared of course) and jams. We had a lot of fun. during canning I had the bright idea to make a BBQ beef brisket. I have made it before but I wanted to try out a new recipe. Everything was going fine and it had been cooking about an hour when I went out to check on it and oh I wish I had pictures of this, it was a flaming ball of meat. I had put bacon on it which it said to do and it had caught on fire and so did the whole brisket. Luckily just the outside was a little crispy and it was still good in the middle. I laughed so hard. Later that day my sister Steppi showed up with her husband Mike and we had dinner and visited some more. Then we watched a movie and after that we broke out the Wii and yes Mom I did kick your butt at bowling. Jaden started playing though and kicked Mikes, Grandmas, and Kylees booties at tennis. Sunday was the perfect ending to the perfect day! We went to breakfast with Mike and Steppi which is always fun then we went over to Grandma Marilyns and Grandpa JT's house for dinner. We had so much fun and I took a bribe from Mom and got Mike wet with the hose and I was thrown into the ditch. A typical weekend at Mom and Dads someone is always sure to get wet.
So in the end Thank You Mom and Dad for another great weekend!
I Love being around all of you and cannot wait until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment